Chào mừng bạn
Vietnam is a country where you can actually find everything. From beautiful beaches on tropical islands to deep jungles and huge cities. Whatever you are looking for on your trip; Vietnam has it all!
The people are energetic, very friendly and open. There is so much to see and do that you can stay here easily for a few weeks. It is one of the most fascinating places of South East Asia. It is not strange that more and more tourists come to Vietnam every year.
Bac Ha market is a Sunday market where different ethnic minorities (hill tribes) come together in colorful clothes.
Halong Bay is beautiful, and is highly recommended as a must-see in Vietnam. To explore Ha Long Bay, take a cruise through the bay.
Hanoi is my favorite city in Asia. The city is a mix of colonial architecture, friendly locals, charming streets and special markets.
Ho Chi Minh
The largest city in the country is located in the south of Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City, also known by its old name: Saigon. Amazing place to spend some nights.
Hoi An is my favorite city in Vietnam. You will find dozens of good restaurants, colonial streets and colored lanterns everywhere.
The centrally located city of Hué is a popular destination for travelers who love culture and nature. It has some unique sights.
Places I’ve been
- Bắc Hà
- HạLong Bay
- Ho Chi Minh
- Hoi An
- Mui Ne
- Nha Trang
- Sa Pa
- Ninh Binh
- Mù Cang Chải District
Best travel months
Vietnam can be visited year-round as long as you know the climate of its different regions so you can plan your trip accordingly.
- From March until the end of May is the best time to visit Vietnam;
- December until February, it’s winter season in the North of Vietnam and there can be fog.
- July and August, it’s high season and can be crowded;
- October and November are also ideal travel months to avoid mass crowds;
- From the begin of September, the rainy season starts slowly, but till Ocotber you can travel well.
As with most countries, how expensive your trip is going to be is entirely dependent on your preferences. Although Vietnam is getting more expensive every year, it’s still a cheap country to visit. Below you can find average prices for accommodation, food & drinks and some activitities.
Based on the expenses of other visitors on average prices, I believe that you can budget around €40 per day on your vacation (includes accommodation, food, transportation and fees for tourist attraction).
- Hostel (€5-15)
- Homestay (€7-15)
- Mid-range hotel (€30-50)
- Luxury hotel (€50-100)
Or, you can try Airbnb; a popular choice for many travelers, including myself. Use this link to get a discount of €34 on your first trip.
Tip! In several regions it is really nice to take a homestay for the night.
Food & Drinks
- Simple breakfast (€2) – breakfast is usually included at your hotel.
- Meal inexpensive restaurant (€2)
- Meal for 2 persons in mid-range restaurant (€18)
- Street food like Pho or Banh mi (€1,50)
- Domestic beer (€0,80)
- Bottle of water (€0,30)
Tip! Try the local street food ‘Pho’ or ‘Banh mi’.
- Museum entry (€2)
- Cooking Class (€15)
- Boat trip Halong Bay (€60) – 1 night on the boat and 1 night on a private island.
- Trekking SaPa (€40)
- Massage (€20-30 per hour)
- Tours (€15-25)
- Scooter rental (€5 per day)
Tip! Between the major cities you can easily travel by (night) train.
If you have a little more time, stay on one of the islands in the bay.
Visit one of the many street markets in the beautiful city center.
Go to both the white and red sand dunes.
Explore the beautiful area around Sa Pa by trekking and a homestay.